ISPRAMED is pleased to present the first Report resulting from the comparative work of practices and rules on arbitration carried out thanks to the contributions of the members of the Network of the Mediterranean Arbitration Centres, namely:
- Arbitration Court of Morocco
- Cairo Regional Centre for International Arbitration
- Centre for Arbitration, Mediation and Conciliation of Algiers
- Chamber of Arbitration of Milan
- Lebanese Arbitration Centre
- Legal Department of the Istanbul Chamber of Commerce
- Tunis Mediation and Arbitration Centre
The Report focuses on the topic of Independence and impartiality of arbitrators, referring to some critical situations which arbitral institutions may face in the administration of arbitral proceedings.
We believe that this work will be of great interest to everyone involved in international arbitration and also a useful tool in the hands of different stakeholders working in the Mediterranean Area, as it illustrates the high quality standards followed by the institutions operating in the Area.
Prof. Charles Jarrosson supervised the entire process as Coordinator of the Network itself. Dr Valentina Renna, ISPRAMED Advisor for the work of the Network, is the author of the Report.
At a later stage we will publish the Second Report about the Criteria for the selection of arbitrators; you can follow us on our website or on our Facebook page for interesting updates.